Attachment, Behaviour and Relationships - Full Day Workshop with Dr Rachel Gillibrand
Sunday 24th November 2019
This CPD is going to:
1. Teach you all about attachment, the emotional bond between a child and their parent: What is it? How do we measure it? What does it look like? What are the different types?
2. Show you what your attachment type means now that you are an adult.
3. Show you how to pick up on attachment types in others.
4. Show you how the different attachment types reveal themselves in adult relationships.
5. Show you what might happen when two people of different attachment types form a relationship with each other.
6. Reflection on our own experiences.
7. Reflection on the experiences of our clients.
8. Think about how to work with parents and couples using this knowledge.
This CPD is going to add depth to your working practice with children and teens and when working with adults and couples addressing relationship concerns. We are also going to learn a lot about ourselves as well as our partners, our relationships and of course, how to sort out conflict and resolve issues. Throughout this CPD we are going to be demonstrating how an understanding of the importance of our early parenting experiences underpins our behaviour as children, teenagers and adults. We will then consider how to apply this understanding within the solution focused approach.
This workshop is appropriate for anyone who works with children and young people.
Posted in News & Events